Sunday 6 September 2009

Item 50: Open Air Theatre presents Hello Dolly

Location: Regents Park Open Air Theatre, London.

Hurry! Book now! The outdoor presentation of 'Hello Dolly' finishes soon. (And so does Summer in the UK).

I bought my tickets for £15 on www.lastminute.com. The
seats were Row R seats 1 and 2. They were so far up the top and to the edge of the seating plan, the leaves from the trees threatened to obstruct our view of the stage as we waited for the sun to go down. But once the actors came on and we recalled the songs we'd most recently heard from the Disney movie 'Wall-e' this was a delightful evening.

Usually there's Shakespeare on in the park, but this show was cute. There was singing and dancing and no need for extra layers of clothing to keep me from the cold. The songs were in my head for days after and it didn't bother me one bit.

Item 50: Open Air Theatre? CHECK!

No comments: