Wednesday 24 August 2011

Item 93: Open Air Theatre - Take Two

Location: Regents Park Open Air Theatre, London.

I still recall the warm fuzzy feeling I had the week after I saw Hello Dolly at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre. When I heard that this year's production, "Crazy for You" was produced by the same team I was eager to go and check it out.

Reviewers of the show have given it five stars and they have it spot on. With a clever set design, colourful 50's style costumes (my flavour of the season), and hilariously cheeky choreography this was another light-hearted way to spend a summer day out in London.

Gershwin's songs were given warmth through the performance and the happy vibes in “I Got Rhythm”, “Someone To Watch Over Me” were channelled through the strong female lead.

When the weather isn't Melbourne's four-seasons in a day crazy like it has been recently, go and get tickets for a very enjoyable afternoon.

Item 93: Open Air Theatre? CHECK!

No comments: